Sunday, May 21, 2006

A day after the eurovision

Aah well it's the day after the eurovision. We ended up last, and I am not surprised.

One of the things I hate in the eurovision regarding the Maltese is that we vote for a song, and when I listen to it in the actual eurovision, it seems like it is a totally different songs. We voted for the maltese dancers as well, they where part of the song and so was the dance! Why should I see a different dance and different dancers and a really bad backing vocal? We voted for the song AND the performance that Faniello did in Malta and they just sent the song without the performance to Athens. Personally I didn't like the song and I didn't vote for it, but I must admit, the performance he did in Malta was far much better then the one in Athens. If maybe they sent all the show to Athens, we wouldn't have been classied last (and I'm not saying that we would have came number 1 either)...

Above all, I blame Faniello coming last on us the Maltese, we choose him to go and represent us, probably just like I read somewhere "the blame is on the 12-14 year old girls that have both a mobile and also a crush on Faniello". WTF!!

I was dissapointed a lot that the Belgium Song, "Je T'Adore" of Kate Ryans didn't pass the semifinals cause I really liked it. Russia's song had also a nice performance and the singer was really cool!

My boyfriend liked the song of Lithuania, "We Are The Champions", I didn't think much of it from the song only but it was funny when I saw them performing I thought, ooh well it's not that bad, they do have a chance.

And in closing as Darryn and me where discussing yesterday and we both agreed on it, was that the Eurovision Standard is really getting low. The show and the park in Athens were awesome, but the songs where mostly all, "How the F*** did they get chosen for the eurovision, where the judges drunk"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tajba lor..ghamilha fabbrizio gayello!!! lool..haha

Victoria said...

I agree with you. We voted for the whole package not for just the song. The Eurovision standard is getting worse with time with countries sending any song to the eurovision and still getting high points because they are surrounded with neighbouring countries!