Sunday, December 30, 2007

Numbers, EURO, Numbers and more numbers










First of all I hope you had a nice Christmas, I liked mine very much :). This year was the first time since I began to work, that I had the 26th of December Leave, therefore I could enjoy Christmas day a lot better than usual :).



Tomorrow will be the end of the Maltese Lira in Circulation in a certain way. I am sick of hearing about Euro Euro Euro Euro and the omg 1st January we are going to start with another currency blabbering. Everyone has the attitude that they will get confused. Oh come one it is still with the same usual numbers so getting change shouldn't be a problem, only the currency value of the Euro is different from Maltese Lira.





NECC has given every family a Euro Converter (I would have agreed more if that was distributed to every person instead of to every family but anyway). It should be easy to check how much a product will cost in LM with this convertor. Oh and btw on mobile phones there usually is a Currency Convertor so all one should do is set this up to convert Euro to LM and there you go you just made your life a bit easier. And oh by the way, you won't need the convertor for now since there will be dual pricing on each product, so why instead of ranting about the EURO won't everybody just try to accept it and get used to it like we get used to everything else in life. Changes happen all the time, this is just normal change.



Today I am tired of seeing numbers, I was doing my Accounts Homework, and also in my work position at a Local Bank's finance Department all I see is numbers. It's getting quite tiring and I need a break from numbers, although that is quite impossible. Besides with the dual pricing now instead of one price, you get to see two, and therefore double the numbers. yuwhu.





On a positive note, I wish you all the best in the coming new year 2008 and a year full of good health and a year surruonded by people who love you and care for you.



4 comments:

Darren said...

it's not a matter of currency change, but the inflation that it will bring as shops will start rounding out prices, to the nearest lira, as has happened in other countries. Sure they tried to combat this with fair, but fair can only do so much, nobody has the power over shop owners to really regulate prices, and the ones that are in the fair scheme, are only entrusted not to increase prices for the first few months.

lori said...

I didn't say anything about inflation cause i'm 100% Sure it will happen just like everyone else. What is getting on my nerves is that everyone is crazy that we will have new coins. And i'm not talking about the elderly but of the young people. It shouldn't be this big deal.

Darren said...

I don't agree with you that it shouldn't be a big deal, infact it's a really big thing, as this will never happen again, that we'll change currency. I agree with you to a certain extent on the panic, but to say that it's not a big deal, i think you're wrong.

lori said...

It's not a big deal as people make it sound. We all will get used to paying in Euros instead of LM.